[Agriculture Technology AAS Degree]
[Agriculture Operations BS Degree]
Program Assessment for Agricultural Technology
Present instruction in agricultural technology that prepares students for entry level employment in the agricultural and allied industries or those wishing to manage or run a farm/ranch operation.
Planned Program Assessment Activities: (demographic, process and product evaluation)
1. Students will develop and maintain a portfolio (electronic and type-written format) that contains their work (minimum of two documents) from each agriculture program class they take
2. Review portfolios of program majors at two-year and four-year intervals
3. Maintain current and program graduate’s student database
4. Conduct one year-student follow-up survey of program graduates and their employers
5. Conduct exit survey of graduating students when completing graduation papers
6. Perform on-going program curriculum review
Assessment Reflected in Course Syllabi:
· Each individual agriculture course syllabus will contain active course outcome objectives specific to the course as well as a note requiring students to save a minimum of two documents for their agriculture education portfolio.
· Each agriculture course syllabus will have a statement saying the course will provide specific subject matter knowledge leading to an agriculture degree that will help prepare them for entry level employment in the agriculture industry and/or for farm/ranch management and/or to pursue additional agriculturally related education.